Synchronize User with Account Templates
This task synchronizes the attributes for endpoint accounts with the associated account templates for a user. However, full synchronization depends on these factors:
- Full synchronization of the account occurs in two situations. An account template uses strong synchronization or two or more account templates were added to an account.
- If an account template uses weak synchronization, this task starts an account synchronization involving only this template. If the account was previously out of account synchronization with other account templates before this update, it could still be out of account synchronization afterwards.
Follow these steps:
- Log in to the User Console.
- Select Users, Synchronization, Check Account Template Synchronization.
- Select a user.
A screen appears showing the expected accounts, extra accounts, and missing accounts.
- Click Synchronize to make the accounts match the template.
- You can select a checkbox to create the account on the endpoint. If more than one account template for the user prescribes the same account, the account is created by merging relevant account templates.
This account is assigned to the account templates that are not synchronized with the account. Account synchronization is not necessary on newly created accounts.
- You can select a checkbox to delete extra accounts. However, users can have legitimate reasons for having these accounts. If that is the case, leave this option unchecked.
On certain endpoints, the account deletion function is disabled; therefore, the account is not deleted.
Copyright © 2012 CA.
All rights reserved.