How to Run Bulk Tasks on Filtered Objects
You can use bulk tasks to perform the following actions:
- Run a task on an object, such as User, based on the attributes of the object, such as department, city, termination date, and so on.
- Run a task on specific objects periodically, such as every Saturday.
- Make bulk user changes, such as modifying all users within a selected department.
This functionality differs from the scheduled task functionality by providing a population filter. Unlike scheduled tasks, the population of objects affected by the bulk task is unknown when you configure the bulk task. Also, bulk tasks affect many objects, while scheduled tasks only affects one.
Follow these steps:
- Create a Bulk Task Definition.
- (Optional) Configure Email Notifications for Bulk Tasks.
- Execute the Bulk Task.
- Check the progress of Bulk Tasks.
Copyright © 2012 CA.
All rights reserved.