How to Use the Template Method
This section lists the high-level steps involved with placing admin tasks under workflow control using the template method.
To use the template method
- In the User Console, open the Modify (or Create) Admin Task screen for the task you want under workflow control.
- To implement task-level workflow:
- On the Profile tab, click the Workflow Process button.
- On the task-level workflow configuration tab, select a process template and configure participant resolvers.
- To implement event-level workflow:
- On the Events tab, select one or more events.
- On the event-level workflow configuration tab, select a process template and configure participant resolvers.
Note: If EscalationApprovalProcess is selected, a field called Approval Timeout (min) is displayed. This field is specified in minutes and cannot be empty. By default, the time is set to 60 minutes. If a non-numeric/non-integer/non-positive timeout value is specified, a validation error is displayed.
- After workflow control is configured, the user with the appropriate role performs the admin task.
- The designated workflow participant approves or rejects the task or event.
Copyright © 2012 CA.
All rights reserved.