Create a Feeder File
A Bulk Loader file is used to automate repeated actions performed on a large number of managed objects. When you upload a feeder file, the system parses and reads the feeder file.
The feeder file must have a CSV or XLS extension, and have the following properties:
- The file must contain a header line which specifies physical attributes, logical attributes, or well-known attribute names of a managed object.
- The header line must include a column that indicates the action to be performed on the records.
- Each row in the feeder file is named a record. The records contain the values for each of the attributes specified by the header line. The following options are acceptable values for an attribute:
- Value—the attribute is set to the value you specify.
- Value;Value;Value;...—the attribute is set to the multivalued attribute you specify.
- ' ' (blank)—the attribute is not changed.
- NULL—the attribute is deleted. The deletion sequence is set to NULL by default, but can be edited in the Bulk Loader File Upload Search screen.
Note: To use a hash (#) in the feeder file, enclose the hash mark in double quotes, for example, user#1 should be specified as "user#1".
Important! The feeder file must be saved with UTF-8 encoding.
Copyright © 2012 CA.
All rights reserved.