How to Configure Policy-Based Workflow for Events
The procedure for configuring policy-based workflow is similar to that for configuring event-level workflow, with the additional steps of defining the approval policies which determine whether the workflow executes.
To Configure Policy-Based Workflow
- In the User Console, select Roles and Tasks, Admin Tasks, Modify (or Create) Admin Task.
A Select Admin Task screen appears.
- Search for the task you want under workflow control, and click Select.
A Modify (or Create) Admin Task screen appears.
- On the Profile tab, verify that Enable Workflow is checked.
- On the Events tab, select an event to map to a process template.
The workflow mapping screen appears.
- Select the Policy-Based radio button, and then click Add.
The Approval Policy screen appears.
- Configure an approval policy.
- Configure participant resolvers as required by your selected workflow process.
The participant requests are added to the process.
- Click OK.
CA IdentityMinder saves your event-level workflow configuration.
- Click Submit.
CA IdentityMinder processes the task modification.
Note: The Workflow Process list includes processes for use with both the template method and the WorkPoint method:
- When a template method process is selected (either SingleStepApproval, TwoStageApprovalProcess, or EscalationApproval), the page expands to enable participant resolver configuration.
- When a WorkPoint method process is selected, the page does not expand. Participant resolvers are configured in WorkPoint Designer.
Copyright © 2012 CA.
All rights reserved.