How to Configure Event-Level Workflow
Event-level workflow begins when an event that is mapped to a workflow process is triggered. The task that triggered the event is placed in a pending state until the participant approves or rejects the task.
To configure non-policy based event-level workflow
- In the User Console, select Roles and Tasks, Admin Tasks, Modify (or Create) Admin Task.
A Select Admin Task screen appears.
- Search for the task you want under workflow control, and click Select.
A Modify (or Create) Admin Task screen appears.
- On the Profile tab, verify that Enable Workflow is checked.
- On the Events tab, select an event to map to a process template.
The workflow mapping screen appears.
- Select one of the following process templates from the Workflow Process list:
The workflow mapping screen expands.
- Configure participant resolvers as required by the process template.
The participant requests are added to the process.
- Click OK.
CA IdentityMinder saves your event-level workflow configuration.
- Repeat steps 3 - 6 for each event you want under workflow control.
- Click Submit.
CA IdentityMinder processes the task modification.
To configure policy-based event level workflow, see the Policy-Based Workflow section.
Note: The Workflow Process list includes processes for use with both the template method and the WorkPoint method:
- When a template method process is selected (either SingleStepApproval, TwoStageApprovalProcess, or EscalationApproval), the page expands to enable participant resolver configuration.
- When a WorkPoint method process is selected, the page does not expand. Participant resolvers are configured in WorkPoint Designer.
Copyright © 2012 CA.
All rights reserved.