Admin Task Processing
The time it takes to process a task depends on the steps involved. When a task is submitted for processing, CA IdentityMinder performs the following steps:
- CA IdentityMinder validates the data being submitted.
This is called the synchronous phase.
- If the task requires approval, CA IdentityMinder sends the task to the workflow engine.
- The workflow engine determines approvers, and places the approval task in the approvers’ work lists.
- Optionally, CA IdentityMinder sends email notifying approvers of the pending work item.
- An approver reserves the work item (which removes the item from the work lists of other approvers), and approves or rejects the item.
- Optionally, CA IdentityMinder sends email notifying involved users of the task’s status.
This is called the asynchronous phase.
- CA IdentityMinder carries out the task, if the task was not rejected.
Copyright © 2012 CA.
All rights reserved.