Use Case: Checking for Offensive Names
When a new user is created, you may want to check if the username is offensive. The following process outlines how to check for offensive names using a Policy Xpress policy.
- Be sure that the appropriate fields in the Create User task's profile screen are set to Validate on Change = Yes.
- In Policy Xpress, create a policy of type 'UI'.
- Under the Run at Events tab, select the State 'Validate on Change' and the Create User task.
- Create the following data elements to check the first name:
- Get the first name attribute (Attributes, User attribute, Get)
- Parse the first name to all lower case letters (General, String parser, To lower)
- Check the first name against offensive words in a database table (Data sources, SQL query data).
- Create similar data elements as in Step 4 to check the last name.
- Create an action rule as follows:
- Condition—first name is not equal to "" (this occurs if the query returns a message that the name is offensive)
- Action—message that displays (Messages, On screen message) indicating the offensive name.
This rule will force the user to change the name before submitting the Create User task again.
- Create a similar action rule as in Step 6 for the last name.
Copyright © 2012 CA.
All rights reserved.