Create an Approval Task for Reverse Synchronization
You create reverse approval tasks for policies that have a Send to Workflow action. Consider the following guidelines for creating the tasks:
- For tasks that approve new accounts, you have two choices.
- You can create a generic approval screen for accounts. The profile screen for the task shows only general information about the account. The Approve Reverse New Account task operates in this manner.
- If the approver needs to see the details of the new account, that screen must be specific to the endpoint type. So the approval task with the screen should be used only for policies that are specific to that endpoint type. The task must include the Reverse Approval tab.
- For tasks that approve account modifications, the approval screen must be specific to an endpoint type, so that the approver can see the changed values.
Reverse approval tasks are identical to approval tasks used for account changes. If an approval task for a specific endpoint type already exists, that task can be used. For a new account, an additional reverse approval tab is needed. If an existing approval task for the endpoint type does not exist, use the following procedure.
To create an approval task for reverse synchronization
- In the User Console, click Roles and Tasks, Admin Tasks, Create Admin Task.
- Select the modify task for the endpoint.
The name would start with modify and state the name of the endpoint type. Modify Active Directory Account is an example.
- Make the following changes on the Profile tab:
- Change the name of the new task.
- Change the task tag.
- Change the action to Approve Event.
- Make the following changes on the Tabs tab:
- Remove all Relationship tabs.
- Add the Reverse Approval tab if the task is to approve new accounts. Move this tab to be the first tab.
- Copy and edit the approval screens on the tabs as necessary.
Note: You may run into problems when using some account screens in an approval task. If so, modify the default account screen for the tab to make it work in the task.
- Click Submit.
- If the task is for new account approvals, add the task to a role to which the approver would belong. The role defines the user scope, which is used to search for users to whom the new account can be assigned.
Copyright © 2012 CA.
All rights reserved.