Use Simple Lists for Field Options
You can specify a static list of options for fields in a profile screen by using the Simple List selection option style. When users select one or more of the options (depending on the field style), CA IdentityMinder stores that value in the user store.
To use a simple list to populate field options
- Modify a profile screen.
- Select a field to modify or add a new field.
- If you are adding a new field, select the attribute that is associated with the field from the list box.
- Select one of the following styles:
- Check Box Multi-Select
- Dropdown Combo
- Option Selector
- Option Selector Combo
- Radio Button Single-Select
The fields in the Field Properties dialog change based on the style selection you make.
- Select Simple List in the Source of Selection Options field.
An additional field, Selection Options, appears.
- Enter the options for the field in the Selection Options field.
Each option should appear on a separate line.
If you want CA IdentityMinder to store a value in the user store that is different from the value that is displayed in the option list, specify each option as follows:
- Specify one of the following values in the Preserve Non-Options field:
- Yes—Existing values that do not match one of the valid options are preserved.
- No—Users must select a value from the pre-defined option list. Existing values that do not match an existing value are not preserved.
- Specify values for the remaining required fields.
- Click Apply, then click OK.
CA IdentityMinder saves the current field properties.
Copyright © 2012 CA.
All rights reserved.